HCEP is a 5-week summer program for keiki ages 5-12 (must have completed kindergarten), that focuses on traditional Hawaiian values and various island cultural practices. Our goal is to create a fun experience as they learn things such as hula, music, crafts, health, recreation, and have awesome excursions across the island on land and in our beautiful waters.
Past camps have included activities such as:
- Hula, oli, music and other Hawaiiana with Kumu Naomi Yokotake
- Plant Medicine with Gabriel Monaghan with Ho'olono plant walks, medicine workshops, Plant Medicine Stories and coloring pages by Sonya Yamaguchi
- Learning about canoe through hula, oli, plant usage, wood working and cordage with Thomas Taylor
- Weekly beach days at Wai'oli including surfing and field trips to Kalihikai, Kē'ē, and Hanalei
- Mural painting
- Visiting Hui Maka'ainana o Makana and working in the lo'i kalo
- Paddling with Hanalei Canoe Club
- A Hō'ike Parade celebrating the end of the camp
Please note that kids MUST be at least five years old and have completed kindergarten to participate.
June 3rd - July 5th 2024* - Mon-Fri 9am-2pm
*excluding July 4th
Click below for a short video of the HCEP 2023 Program